BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN THEOLOGY
The Theology Program is a curriculum designed for men with Christian, scripturally sound convictions who have a desire to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in Christian education. The Theology Program instructs the student using the truths found in the Holy Scriptures and the teachings of the 16th century Reformers. It also trains the student as a professional in his discipline to meet modern-day challenges by using faithful preaching of the Word of God.
- Modality: Virtual
- Training Type: Undergraduate
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor´s Degree in Theology
- Estimated Duration: Eight (8) semesters
- Accreditation: Seminario Reformado Latinoamericano (SRL) is registered with the Florida Department of Education (USA). Florida Statute 1005.06 (1) (f) clarifies that religious institutions are exempt from the Commission's jurisdiction. SRL has been received as a member of the independent accreditation agency Association of Reformed Theological Seminaries and is currently in the process of accreditation with them. However, SRL does not have state accreditation either in the USA or in Colombia since our degrees are exclusively for religious, ecclesiastical purposes.
- Annual Registration Fee: $20.00 USD (60,000 Colombian pesos)
- Individual Course Fee: $28.00 USD (80,000 Colombian pesos)
- He possesses deep convictions about the truths of the Gospel and Christ is the center of his life and his theology.
- He is motivated by the study of theology that is anchored in the Holy Scriptures.
- He demonstrates a vocation for training in the Scriptures and pastoral ministry.
- He evidences an awareness of society's spiritual need and possesses a desire to preach the gospel of Christ to them.
- He exhibits principle habits of reflection and study.
- He demonstrates an ability for analysis, interpretation, and synthesis.
- He shows an ability to pose questions and promote answers.
- He shepherds biblically constituted local churches.
- He promotes Christocentric education to seminarians and Christian leaders.
- He preaches the gospel of Christ in the face of the challenges presented by society.
- He maneuvers social changes based on Christian teaching that is anchored in Reformed theology.
- He trains leaders who promote expository preaching and genuine faith and piety in local churches.
- He is constantly growing in his disciplinary tasks.
- He carries out educational projects and proposes pedagogical and pastoral alternatives based on his role of a communicator and an advisor in the process of building knowledge.
- Biblical Area
- Systematic Area
- Historical Area
- Humanities Area
- Pastoral Area
The Faculty can homologate the courses corresponding to the five areas studied in Higher Education institutions or in other recognized theological institutions if the grades are equal or superior to the grade of 3.5 or its equivalent.
Structure of the Theological Emphasis
The structure is divided into five areas: Biblical, Systematic, Historical, Humanities, and Pastoral.
The logical presentation of the Holy Scriptures first offers that which concerns the Old Testament and the New Testament. It also includes biblical languages such as Hebrew and Greek.
Concerning Systematic Theology, the program covers Introductory Elements, Proper Theology, Bibliology, Anthropology, Soteriology, Christology, Pneumatology, Eschatology, and Ecclesiology.
The History of the Church is presented in the established periods: Patristic, Antiquity and the Middle Ages, Protestant and Contemporary Reformation, and History of the Church in Latin America.
The study of Humanities includes subjects such as: Worship and Liturgy, Sacred Music, Roman Catholicism, Philosophy of Christian Education, Philosophy, Spanish Grammar, Apologetics, and Christian Worldview.
The Pastoral segment provides a perceptive overview of the spiritual reality of humanity and then proceeds to an analytical vision of it. This portion of the program concludes with a schedule of the ecclesial work for which each student intends to be involved in contributing to the realization of the Church's mission in the world. This includes subjects such as Expository Preaching, Pastoral Theology, Counseling, Christian Ethics, Evangelism, and Missions.
Partial Evaluation: 20%
Reading Report: 20%
Final Exam: 25%
Final Work: 25%
- Complete the application form on the website: www.srlseminario.org
- Scan a photocopy of an identification document
- Scan a photocopy of high school diploma or transcript
- Register on the SRL virtual platform: https://srlseminario.moodlehub.com/
All documents should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.